Monday, July 26, 2010
A Fasting is not Hunger strike..."LAGHANAM PARMOUSHADHAM "....
Fasting as an effective and safe method of helping the body detoxify itself and move through this low cycle with greater speed and fewer symptoms. In fact flushing is recommended for many illnesses in Ayurveda in Acute illness, allergies, respiratory disease, colon disorders. By relieving the body of the work of digesting foods, fasting permits the system to rid itself of toxins while facilitating healing.
During Fast following things happens:-
1) The natural process of toxin excretion continues, while the influx of new toxins is reduced. This result in reduction of the total body toxicity.
2) The energy usually used for digestion is redirected to immune function, cell growth, as well as eliminating process.
3) The immune system workload is greatly reduced & the digestive tract is spared any inflammation due to allergic reaction to food.
4) Due to lowering of serum fats, tissue oxygenation is increased and white blood cells are moved more efficiently.
5) Physical awareness and sensitivity to diet and surrounding are increased.
Due to these effects of fasting, a fast can help you to heal with greater speed, cleanse your liver,kidneys,colon,purify your blood, help you to lose extra weight and water flush out toxins, clear the eyes and tongue and cleanse the breathe. It is recommended that you fast 3 days a month
"A fast is not a hunger strike. Fasting submits to God's commands. A hunger strike makes God submit to our demands."