Hair loss or baldness is referred as Alopecia. If hair loss out in patches, it is termed as alopecia areata. Factors that are involved in hair loss include hereditary, hormones and ageing.
A less dramatic, but more prevalent, type of hair loss is androgenetic alopecia (AGA), or male pattern baldness. As name implies its genetic predisposition & the presence of androgens- male sex hormones- are involved in this condition. Women sometimes have the same type of hair loss, but it is not usually as extensive and most often does not occur until after menopause. All women’s experience some hair thinning as they grow older. Especially after menopause, but in some begins early as puberty. In addition, most women lose some hair 2 or 3 months after having baby because hormonal changes prevent normal hair loss during pregnancy.
In addition to this, factors that promote hair loss include poor circulation, acute illness, surgery, radiation exposure, skin disease, sudden weight loss, high fever, iron deficiency, diabetes, thyroid disease, drugs such as those used in chemotherapy, stress, and poor diet, ringworm and other fungal infection, chemicals such as hair dyes & vitamin deficiencies.
1) Diet plenty in fruits and vegetables and low in starch, as fruits n veg’s contain flavonoid, many of which are antioxidant, protects hair follicle.
2) Eat plenty of food high in biotin includes in brown rice, green peas, lentils, oats, soyabeans,sunflowerseeds, and walnuts, This is needed for healthy hair.
3) Include soy foods such as soybeans, tempeh, and tofu in your diet. Soy foods appear to inhibit the formation of dihydrotestosterone, a hormone implicated in the process of hair loss.
4) Do not eat raw eggs as risk of salmonella, but high in avidin, a protein that binds to biotin and prevents it from being absorbed. Cooked eggs are acceptable.
5) Lie head down for 15 mins or massage scalp for blood circulation.
6) Use shampoo and conditioners contain biotin and silica also herbs are good.
7) Protect n cover your hair from harsh sunlight also do not use rough treatment, avoid crash diet.