Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. It is usually accompanied by pain and stiffness. There are different forms of arthritis…as age advances we found it more difficult. Here I want to give some simple herbs and tips for it. Hope it will be helpful for everyone.
1) Alfalfa contains all the minerals essential for bone formation, & may be helpful for arthritis. It can be taken in capsules or whole form.
2) Boswellia/Shallaki, an Ayurveda herb, is important for reducing inflammation. It helps to restore blood vessels around inflamed connective tissues. This can be also used tropically in cream
3) Cat’s claw is helpful for relieving arthritis pain. Fever few and ginger also good for pain and soreness.
4) Ginger is powerful antioxidant that has inflammatory effects. The active component is gingerol. Ginger inhibits pain-producing prostaglandins.
5) The hot peppers known as cayenne (capsicum) contain compound called capsaicin that relieves pain, apparently reducing neurotransmitter that responsible for pain. Also mix cayenne powder with enough wintergreen oil to make paste and apply it to painful joints, or use cayenne in poultice.
6) Nettle leaf is used in Germany for its anti/inflammatory properties.
7) Nexrutine is an herbal extract of Phellodendron tree (Phellodendron annurense). It is an anti-inflammatory used for natural pain management.
8) Also Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and pain relieving property. Also willow bark, borage seed. Other beneficial herbs include burdock root, celery seed, corn silk, parsley tea.
1) Eat more sulfur containing foods, such as asparagus, eggs, garlic, onions. Sulfur is needed for the repair & rebuilding of the bone, cartilage, and connective tissue & it also aids in absorption of calcium.
2) Other beneficial foods such as fresh vegetables, non-acidic fresh
Fruits, whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice fish, soybean products & avocados.
3) Consume foods containing amino acids histidine, including rice, wheat, and rye. Histidine is good for removing excess metals from the body. Many people with arthritis have high levels of copper and iron in their bodies.
4) Eat fresh pineapple frequently. Bromelin, an enzyme found in pineapple, is excellent for reducing inflammation. To be effective pineapple must be fresh, as freezing and canning destroy enzymes.
5) Eat some form of fiber, such as ground flax seed, oat bran, or rice bran daily. Reduce amount of fat in your diet.
6) Avoid night shade vegetables (peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, white potatoes). These foods contain a substance called solanine, to which some people, particularly those suffering from arthritis, are highly sensitive. Solanine interferes with muscles and may cause pain and discomfort.
7) Do not take iron supplements or multivitamins containing iron. Consume iron in foods as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, fish, lima beans, and peas.
8) If you are taking NSAIDs, avoid sodium which causes water retention. Spread the medication throughout the day, take them after eating and take an antacid after taking drug.
9) Hot tub baths provide relief. Raw lemon rubs and hot castor oil packs are also extremely beneficial.
10) Spend time outdoors for fresh air and sunshine. Get regular moderate exercise.
Take care of your joints..